After going berry picking last week Jason and I have been baking a lot of yummy berry based treats! Jason made Raspberry and White Chocolate muffins, which you can see over on his blog, and I have made these incredible Blackberry and Oat mini loaves!
I was searching on Pinterest for some recipes so I could do some baking and I found this Blueberry Oatmeal Bread recipe by Cherished Bliss and I thought if I made a few little changes it would be perfect! So here is my modified recipe!
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats (plus a little extra for the top)
- 1 cup of plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 cups of blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Cream the butter and the sugar in large bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine cinnamon, baking soda, flour and oats.
- Alternating, add the dry ingredients and the greek yoghurt to the butter and sugar mix.
- Fold in your berries.
- Grease your mini loaf pan and spoon in your mix and sprinkle oats on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan before removing them.
I was able to make 12 mini loaves with this recipe.
These are so delicious! Even Archer, who is possibly the most picky child in the world, likes them! These are so simple to make and would made a really great breakfast if you’re in a hurry! I know I’ll be having one for breakfast tomorrow!