Hello! Today I’ve decided to share a recipe! I’m not usually a cake person, but this cake is literally so good I had to share. And since it is October I thought it would be fun to decorate them a bit spooky for Halloween!
Cupcake Recipe (Makes 20-24)
- 2 cups of plain (all purpose) flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¾ of a cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320 °F).
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt) in a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Add all wet ingredients (milk, oil, eggs & vanilla) EXCEPT the boiling water and mix well (on medium-high) with an electric mixer.
- Add the boiling water into the bowl and then mix on a low speed until combined.
- Mix on high for 1 minute.
- Add mix to cupcake liners – fill to about half way.
- Bake cupcake for 20-25 minutes.
Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
- 110g of butter (soft)
- ½ a cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ of a cup of milk
- 2 cups of icing sugar
Chocolate Buttercream Method
- Cream butter with an electric mixer on high
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and milk and combine.
- Add milk and icing sugar and mix on low until just combined.
- Mix on high until smooth.
These cakes are so simple, but they taste like they were made by a professional. They are so versatile they can be used for any occasion. The mix can even be used for two stackable 9 inch cakes and they taste great with any topping or filling! There is just so much you can do with this recipe.