One of my husbands favourite things that I bake are my brownies so I thought that since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I’d give them a love theme! These are great all year round and can be perfect for any occasion depending on how you decorate them!
I know I’ve been posting a lot of recipes lately, and I promise I’m not turning into a food blog! We just got a new oven that actually cooks food evenly so I can finally share all of the recipes that I love!
- 200g of dark cooking chocolate
- 250g of butter (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 55g butter (soft)
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅛ cup of milk
- 1 cup of icing sugar
Plus some sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160℃ and line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a medium heat on the stove. Keep and eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Combine the brown sugar and and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Once the chocolate and butter mix has cooled a little, add it to the large bowl and mix.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- Pour evenly in your baking tray and bake for about 45-50 minutes.
While your brownies are cooking you can make your frosting. Add all frosting ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
Once your brownies have cooled down you can ice them, decorate with your sprinkles! These so loved in our house so I hope that if you do try out this recipe, you love it!